Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Have a Purr-fectly delightful day

I'm so tired of the snow and cold.  Yesterday we got another 1-2 inches and today we are to get another 1-2 inches.  For my husband's funeral on Monday, a gentleman fell in the snow when we had to go to the cemetery which luckily he wasn't hurt.  We had a large portion of people stay at the church because it was so cold and we were fortunate to have my husband's jazz band play during that time to keep everyone entertained while we were out for the burial.  I saw the funeral director today and he said he wishes that he could have a band like that for all funerals because it was a wonderful tribute and very positive.  I was also rather unusual in that I had a life size photo poster made of my husband so people could have their last photo opportunity with him.  It made people laugh and people actually did it with their cell phones so it was great.  My husband always liked to make people smile and laugh so it helped which again the funeral director had never had, but said it was a nice touch.
For my card I tried to use bright colors to feel warm and the yellow for hopes of sun.  I just love this image since we have three cats.  The sentiment is from TLC.


Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Kraft Floral
Carstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Delicious Doodles - Just Purr-fect
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Have a Purr-fectly delightful day
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Spellbinders:  Leaves
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts

Challenges
Sunday Sketch 'n Stamp - Ch. 196
One Stitch at a Time - Ch. 202 Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Ch. 181
Paper Pretties - PWC300 Lots of Layers
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 74 Add a sentiment
Just Inspirational - Flowers


8 comments:

Hazel said...

Your card is beautiful and is very bright and cheery. I'm so sorry to read about your husband's death. My husband died eighteen months ago so I know exactly how you'll be feeling. My very best wishes to you for the future. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Penny said...

Really beautiful card, Lisa! Love that image, your design, and the pretty color combo! :^)
Glad to hear that you made your husband's funeral a real tribute to him--I am sure he was smiling from Heaven for that! :^)
Take good care of yourself!
Sending big hugs, Penny
(Hope the snow stops and the weather warms up for you.)

loz said...

Stunning card and colors Lisa. I saw this on MIM..Loz

meine-bastelarena said...

A beautiful card, I really love it. I am so sorry to read about your loss and wish you all the best for the future! Thanks for playing along with us at OSAAT Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

Anne Lise said...

Cool card - I love the image! Thanks for joining the challenge at OSAAT Challenges. Hope to see you again soon! ~ Anne Lise ~

sian said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with JIC this week, from Sian (DT Co-owner)

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

What a beautiful story you've shared with us and a super card too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie x

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Love this! Saw it on MIM and had to come get a closer look. :)