Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's all "behind" ewe

My daughter is finishing her last few days of her sophomore year at college.  I have sent her weekly cards since she has been in college, and this will be the last one for this term.  I thought this had the perfect sentiment.  She has been a RA for this term and will be again when she returns.  She was telling me the gory story that she was not all call the other weekend; however, she was called to come assist with a student who had his finger slammed in a doorway and a large piece of skin was torn.  The other RA's were having difficulty with the student since he was drunk and would not go to the ER.  They thought she might be able to talk to him and convince him.  I was proud of her because the other students were also "grossed out" by the sight of the finger that apparently needed multiple stitches and she handled it professionally.  I keep telling her she could be a nurse, but she just gets frustrated with me. hehe  I guess as a teacher you need to deal with the kids owies.  She will be coming home on Saturday and spending the summer working at the YMCA with the kids daycare program again.
For my card, I just couldn't pass up this new Bugaboo image and sentiment.  I used Basic Grey papers.


Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey - Knee High & Little Black Dress
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp & Sentiment:  Bugaboo - Behind ewe
Spellbinders:  Small and large circles; pennants
Die Cuts:  Verve - Pennant trim die
Ribbon:  unknown, stash
Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug

Challenges
Mojo -  Sketch 293
Basic Grey Challenges - Mix and Match (Knee High & Little Black Dress)
Make it Monday - Ch. 140

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card :)

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet! Adorable Bugaboo image and fun sentiment! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Tammy x

Rene said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing this with us at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and make sure to mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Penny said...

Oh, so cute! Love the take on the sketch, your sweet image, the colors, papers & embossing! :^)
Hugs, Penny
I would have sent the guy to the ER--I get grossed out too easily, lol!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet, Lisa Lynn! Love the darling image + sentiment! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the cute image- and the fun sentiment! Fun to meet you and visit your Blog on MIM!