Sunday, April 28, 2013

Espresso my thanks

I have been wanting to make some felt flowers for some time, but just have not taken the time to do so....until yesterday.  I decided it was time.  I wanted to play with the wonderful colors for several challenges and thought it was the perfect opportunity to pull out some felt and my Sizzix die cuts.  It was just too easy and fun.  For this card I embossed the background and used a digital image from U-printables that I just thought was adorable.  The sentiment comes from a great set from TLC.  My 17- year old son saw me with my card and even said, I could give that to a girl and ask her to go for coffee.  I thought it was funny.  I did show him that I had several "Coffee time" cards and he laughed.  Side note to see if he will need the card because he is going later today to pick out his tux for prom......so we will see how this all goes with the girls, and how many more cards I have to make hehe.



Cardstock:  Paper Company; Recollections
Stamp:  U-printables Coffee Takeaways 2
Sentiment:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Die Cut:  Tim Holtz flower
Brad:  Paper Studio
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Felt:  stash

Challenges
Colour Q - Ch. 186
Play Date Cafe - 179
Challenges for Everybody - Ch. 19

4 comments:

Penny said...

Oh, love the sentiment with that image, love your pretty flowers, & embossing, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Lisa, love how you used your colors! I am so behind this week in commenting, but I do love your card. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ and thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, the words are really appreciated! Have awonderful week.

Veronica Z said...

Super cute! Love the sentiment and the embossing! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Sandy said...

Such a cute card.. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!!
Sandy :) DT